To promote the conservation and wise use of our natural resources and to educate and encourage youth to safely participate in outdoor activities.
The first meeting of the LCSC was by CCC members in 1938. LCSC incorporated as a non-profit organization in 1954, with early meetings held at the Lincoln County Courthouse and the American Legion Hall. Initial conservation projects included the raising and planting of pheasants and the creation of trout ponds planted with brown, brook and rainbow trout on the east side of Merrill, which were eventually donated to the DNR. The Club has taken part in cutting for winter deer browsing, development of wildlife plots, building boat landings and improving the Prairie River habitat. Hunter Safety programs have been available since 1967, teaching more than 8,000 students. The Club sponsors an annual Scholarship of $2,000 each to one student from both the Tomahawk and Merrill school districts.
The Club has a 12-person Board of Directors, each of whom is elected to serve a three-year term. The directors are led by a President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer. The local game warden and DNR biologist serve as ex-officio board members.
Board of Directors: